Re: apache and other problems (fwd)

To: "Francis M.J. Hsieh" <>, Ariel Faigon <>
Subject: Re: apache and other problems (fwd)
From: Alex deVries <>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 01:32:29 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Francis M.J. Hsieh" <>
> This two files were uploaded in
> (yes, it is a Linux/SGI machine) for people in Taiwan save their
> download time.

> I got some problem here.
> - apache httpd is still buggy (can't deliver text/html correctly)

I don't know what that problem is; mine works fine.  Does it accept a TCP
connection properly?

> - ifconfig is still buggy, TX packets is 0 (see followed)

Yeah, I think we went over that before although I don't remember what the
solution was.

> - mouse doesn't work?

In the HH install, there's a package called 'kernel-2.1.100-2'.  If you
install this, you'll have something like /boot/vmlinux-2.1.100.  That
kernel (2.1.100) should have mouse support in it.  you'll have to make a
symbolic link from /dev/psaux to /dev/mouse.

For reasons I don't want to get into, the kernel in the install really
sucks, and you should throw it away ASAP and use the packaged one.

- Alex