Installing noarch packages

To: adelton@informatics.muni.cz (Honza Pazdziora)
Subject: Installing noarch packages
From: Honza Pazdziora <adelton@informatics.muni.cz>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 18:17:57 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca, adelton@informatics.muni.cz, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hello,

when I try to install automake-1.3-2.noarch.rpm, I get

package automake-1.3-2 is for a different architecture
error: automake-1.3-2.noarch.rpm cannot be installed

This is with rpm version 2.5.1 from HH 5.1 PR distribution. I even
tried to build the automake rpm from src, got rpm fine but then
ended with the same message. So I assume there is something wrong
not with the noarch packages but with the rpm.

BTW: the swap really is recognized and mounted during boot. So
probably the only fix that is needed is to get rid of that menu
Repartition / Continue (or change conditions upon which it is
displayed).

 Honza Pazdziora | adelton@fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
                   I can take or leave it if I please