Re: The pre-release of Hard Hat Linux for SGI...

To: (Alex deVries)
Subject: Re: The pre-release of Hard Hat Linux for SGI...
From: Honza Pazdziora <>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:39:53 +0200 (MET DST)
Phone: 420 (5) 415 12345
> Okay, this queston is simple:
> are you 100% sure that you're not installing with old packages, and that
> the huge .tar.gz has the same md5sum ?

I might be doing some stupid mistake somewhere but I just checked the
checksum and it's the same, the installer says Hard Hat, it installs
kernel 2.1.100 and there are 458 packages in the mipseb/RedHat/RPMS
directory that came from the tar. And my nfsroot argument to
$installinux point to tftpboot and from there the link goes to this
mipseb subdirectory (you can actually check the unpacked tar at our
mirror, I install
from that machine). So I'm like at 98 % that it's not the old
version ;-)

 Honza Pazdziora | |
                   I can take or leave it if I please