Re: The pre-release of Hard Hat Linux for SGI...

To: adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca (Alex deVries)
Subject: Re: The pre-release of Hard Hat Linux for SGI...
From: Honza Pazdziora <adelton@informatics.muni.cz>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:39:53 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: adelton@informatics.muni.cz, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com

> Okay, this queston is simple:
>
> are you 100% sure that you're not installing with old packages, and that
> the huge .tar.gz has the same md5sum ?

I might be doing some stupid mistake somewhere but I just checked the
checksum and it's the same, the installer says Hard Hat, it installs
kernel 2.1.100 and there are 458 packages in the mipseb/RedHat/RPMS
directory that came from the tar. And my nfsroot argument to
$installinux point to tftpboot and from there the link goes to this
mipseb subdirectory (you can actually check the unpacked tar at our
mirror ftp://ftp.fi.muni.cz/pub/linux/sgi/redhat/mipseb, I install
from that machine). So I'm like at 98 % that it's not the old
version ;-)

 Honza Pazdziora | adelton@fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
                   I can take or leave it if I please