Re: The pre-release of Hard Hat Linux for SGI...

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>, SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: The pre-release of Hard Hat Linux for SGI...
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 06:52:48 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Tue, Jul 14, 1998 at 07:38:32PM -0400, Alex deVries wrote:

> - Mike Shaver got some nice coloured bars to display on the screen.  I
> have good feelings about this.
>
> - Ralf got Mozilla built, parts of gdb and a lot of other stuff.
>
> Good work, guys!

There is even more going on this week.  The DECstation guys have managed
to run their first user task, Thomas managed to get X up on the Magnum 4000 /
Olivetti.  I'd say a pretty good week.

Having done enough packaging work myself I know what pain you had to go
through and I'd like to thank you in the name of us all.  Having the first
reasonle difficult to install distribution is a quantum leap in every
Linux port's history.

Time to put up a webpage and register users :-)