Re: Lmbench for RH 5.1

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: Lmbench for RH 5.1
From: Ulf Carlsson <grimsy@zigzegv.ml.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 18:06:18 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: Honza Pazdziora <adelton@informatics.muni.cz>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 03:47:13PM +0200, Honza Pazdziora wrote:
>
> > > The question what is trying to use autoconf.h for what reason remains;
> > > user code isn't supposed to use this file.
> >
> > Hmm, I got the default kernel from kernel/v2.1 and just unpacked it to
> > get the others *.h files (linux and asm). I do not have the SGI kernel
> > -- it is somewhere available? Alex said he will pack the sources as
> > RPM with configuration but I cannot find it on linus' ftp -- is it
> > somewhere there?
>
> Of course it is available, this is free software!  Snapshots from our CVS
> and binaries are in /pub/test/; I think we currently only have them as
> tarballs, not in rpm format.  You can also access the CVS directly by
> using anonymous CVS.

The kernel source is availible in RPM format in
/pub/redhat/devel/RPMS/kernel-headers-2.1.99-0.1.mipseb.rpm
/pub/redhat/devel/RPMS/kernel-source-2.1.99-0.1.mipseb.rpm

I think kernel-headers-2.1.99-0.1.mipseb.rpm would be enough for your
needs. I have used this kernel source and it compiles fine with the gcc
cross compiler for x86.

FYI

- Ulf