Lmbench for RH 5.1

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Lmbench for RH 5.1
From: Honza Pazdziora <adelton@informatics.muni.cz>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 15:17:22 +0200 (MET DST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hello,

I wanted to do benchmarks on my Indy. The versions 1.0 and 1.1 fail
when compiling lat_ctx.c with assembler messages:
Error: Branch out of range on lines 4189 and 40323. When I try to
compile it with -O2, it starts optimizing but doesn't seem to finish.

The version 2beta6 of lmbench complains about missing
linux/autoconf.h.

This is RH 5.1 Alpha 1 installer with Alpha 2 RPM's placed over the
Alpha 1 ones, with gcc from redhat-5.0 (Alex, we should put gcc
to the distribution). Do you have any idea what to do with any
of these problems? Or do you have precompiled lmbench somewhere?

Thanks,

 Honza Pazdziora | adelton@fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
                   I can take or leave it if I please