Lmbench for RH 5.1

Subject: Lmbench for RH 5.1
From: Honza Pazdziora <>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 15:17:22 +0200 (MET DST)
Phone: 420 (5) 415 12345

I wanted to do benchmarks on my Indy. The versions 1.0 and 1.1 fail
when compiling lat_ctx.c with assembler messages:
Error: Branch out of range on lines 4189 and 40323. When I try to
compile it with -O2, it starts optimizing but doesn't seem to finish.

The version 2beta6 of lmbench complains about missing

This is RH 5.1 Alpha 1 installer with Alpha 2 RPM's placed over the
Alpha 1 ones, with gcc from redhat-5.0 (Alex, we should put gcc
to the distribution). Do you have any idea what to do with any
of these problems? Or do you have precompiled lmbench somewhere?

 Honza Pazdziora | |
                   I can take or leave it if I please