Re: tcsh

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: tcsh
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 00:59:27 +0200
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Mon, Jun 22, 1998 at 11:01:39AM +0200, ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> maybe anybody feels like debugging the tcsh rpm.  The lack of having
> a properly working csh keep several other packages from building
> without trickery.

ok, I'm pretty close. After debugging tcsh for more than three hours,
it looks like this is a kernel bug. I've traced it down to the following
code in sh.proc.c:

xprintf ("pp before sigpause %x\n",pp);
        /* (void) sigpause(sigblock((sigmask_t) 0) &~ sigmask(SIGCHLD)); */
        (void) sigpause(omask & ~sigmask(SIGCHLD));
xprintf ("pp after sigpause %x\n",pp);

pp gets clobbered by sigpause. I'll have a fast look at the kernel, maybe
it's easy to spot the bug.

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)