hmmmm.... nice job!!

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: hmmmm.... nice job!!
From: "Francis M. J. Hsieh" <mjhsieh@life.nthu.edu.tw>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 20:52:24 +0800
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Dear Linux/SGI developer;

I just installed this nice/impressive OS in our indy, the network speed
is faster than it is on irix6.2. And it had a huge screen :-)

I have setup a ftp service and one www service on this linux, it works
fine. :-)

here are some small problems :-)

 - Sometimes after closing telnet connection, it shows
        bpti [/home/mjhsieh] -mjhsieh- logout
        tput: tgetent failure: No such file or directory
        tput: tgetent failure: No such file or directory
        Connection closed by foreign host."
 - possible no sound support (beep ?)
 - (sometimes) a strange garbage image, about 1 character size in the
   lowerleft corner of the screen

-- Francis