The mouse issue...

To: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: The mouse issue...
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 00:08:07 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Alright.  So I went through to see if I could locate anywhere in the
kernel where there might be problems with psaux.  I recompiled, stuck some
printk's in, and I got: Nothing.  Nadda.  Zip.  The whole machine hangs
(including num lock).

When I do a 'cat /dev/psaux', the printk's prove that the open works fine.
Then in the first read, it attempts to do a schedule().  So far, no
problem, the system is still up.  But it never comes out of the
schedule(), and a subsequent mouse input hangs the system (or the
keyboard, anyway).

Ideas?

- Alex

--