Re: possible driver error?

To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: possible driver error?
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:56:08 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "Francis M.J. Hsieh" <mjhsieh@life.nthu.edu.tw>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
> >   Here is a possible driver error (but seems harmless, I checked it
> >   using network managerment hardware, no transmission error occured)
> I think someone is shipping old ifconfig tools with Linux/SGI. See if
> "cat /proc/net/dev" makes sense

"someone" in this case is me;  I'm shipping the same net-tools that comes
with RH 5.1.  Of course, that's a 2.0.34 kernel.  I assume there's some
sort of inconsistancy between the /proc interfaces of 2.1.x and 2.0.34.

So, I'll have to stitch that package up.  In some ways, we're very much
skewed from RH 5.1 distribution because of the 2.1 kernel, apart from
other things.

If someone would like to do that, it'd be appreciated, but I'll fix this
otherwise.

Thanks for the bug report.

- Alex