Re: ssh binaries

To: "Francis M. J. Hsieh" <mjhsieh@helix.life.nthu.edu.tw>
Subject: Re: ssh binaries
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:39:21 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: ralf@uni-koblenz.de, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Francis M. J. Hsieh wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 1998 at 07:23:46PM +0200, ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> > I've uploaded ssh binaries, both big endian and little endian,
> > international and us-damaged (read: rsaref) versions to
> > ftp.replay.com:/pub/crypto/incoming/.  The binaries are probably
> > somewhen going to be moved to their final place.
>   I am sorry if it was discussed before. I can't install the client
> and server, rpm told me "libz.so.1" needed even if I downloaded the
> actual file libz.so.1 from ftp.linux.sgi.com.
> How can I fix it up? Thanx for your help.

This is a problem with the zlib RPM that is released with Alpha 1; none of
those libraries have dependancies in them.  The ones in Alpha 2 have this
problem fixed.  So, the 'real' answer is to completely reinstall all the
packages in Alpha 2 (which all have the same versions and releases, for
compatibility and consistancy with RH 5.1/Intel).

- Alex