New 2.0.107 console scheme

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: New 2.0.107 console scheme
From: Jesse Barnes <jesseba@rock.csd.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 13:26:25 -0700
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Does the main kernel source tree have support for Indys natively, and
if so, is the new fbcon method supported for the console?

Also, what's preventing Linux/SGI from running on O2s?  I've got an
R10k O2 sitting on my desk and I'd really like to see Linux running on
it.  I have device driver writing experience on PCs under DOS and NT,
but I've never written one for a Unix type system.  If there's
something small that I could tackle to start out, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jesse Barnes