Cheap used SGi boxes

Subject: Cheap used SGi boxes
From: Murray Stokely <>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:47:02 -0700 (PDT)
  Does anyone know of a good source for old, used SGi systems? seems to be the best source I can find on the net
for old Indigo II's and such but I can't find much older, cheaper, or
more capable of running Linux.  I'd really prefer to have something
better than 8bit graphics and I guess that limits my choices for
low-end systems as well.  I didn't have much luck dealing with SGi
people directly because they just kept trying to get me to buy a newer

One system that caught my eye was this one :

R4400 200MHz/1MB SC, XL, 64MB, 2GB, 17"                 $ 1,600 Ea.

But last I checked I wouldn't be able to run Linux for quite a while.

        - Murray