Re: Installer changes...

To: Alex deVries <>,
Subject: Re: Installer changes...
From: "Francis M. J. Hsieh" <>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:48:06 +0800
At 03:47 PM 1998/5/13 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thu, 14 May 1998, Francis M. J. Hsieh wrote:
>> I'm sorry if this was discussed in the maillist.
>> Should there be /etc dirctory after I cpio into my partition? I can't
>> find /etc in my linux partition under installer prompt.
>There should be a /etc in the ext2 file system after you run the

This log is copied from my installation output. Is anyone having idea
what's wrong with the installation?

---->15# ./installer /dev/dsk/dks0d2s0
SGILinux Installer 2.6
Alan Cox (c) 1997 - based on the MacLinux68K installer 2.6
Copyright © 1997 by Christiaan Welvaart

mounted .
/dev doesn't exist, creating...
making standard devices & console
symlinking /dev/console to /dev/tty0

cjwsh>cpio root-be-0.04.cpio
D       dev/vcsa56
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa57
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa58
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa59
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa6
(failed to create)
D       dev/zero
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa60
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa61
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa62
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa63
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa7
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa8
(failed to create)
D       dev/vcsa9
(failed to create)
R       dev/need_disks_created
Francis Meng Juei Hsieh, Life Science Department, NTHU, Taiwan.
Welcome to Life Science BBS