Re: rs_cons_hook() ?

To: Oliver Frommel <oliver@aec.at>
Subject: Re: rs_cons_hook() ?
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 11:11:44 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Fri, 8 May 1998, Oliver Frommel wrote:
> CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE is for i386 only as far as i could figure out ..

Hmmm.  I'm not entirely sure that makes sense.  Shouldn't serial consoles
be architecture independant?

> this is what i have in my -working- kernel:
> # CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE is not set
> CONFIG_SGI_SERIAL=y
> CONFIG_SERIAL=y

... and I get a lot of compile errors when I try to compile with
CONFIG_SGI_SERIAL=y, so I'm forced to turn it off, which is what gives me
errors.

In any case, there's a problem because you should be able to compile a
kernel with enabling SGI_SERIAL.

The problems with sgiserial.c also need to be looked at.  I'll sort this
out...

- Alex