Making Progress

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Making Progress
From: Michael Hill <mdhill@interlog.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 05:39:11 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Trying to boot the kernel (2.1.90) I can now get beyond the SCSI
detection stage but now it stops at this point:

        Sending BOOTP and RARP requests............. timed out!
        IP-Config: Auto-configuration of network failed.
        Partition check:

I'm not connected to a network; can I bypass the ethernet check?

My root drive is recognized as sdb, but the installer procedure was
the only preparation I gave it.  Until now it has been my external
IRIX drive.  Is there something I need to do first with fx?

Thanks,

Mike
--
Michael Hill