Re: Hanging.

To: Alex deVries <>
Subject: Re: Hanging.
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 21:32:05 +0200
On Mon, May 04, 1998 at 01:14:21PM -0400, Alex deVries wrote:

> On Mon, 4 May 1998 wrote:
> > On Sun, May 03, 1998 at 10:15:27PM -0400, Alex deVries wrote:
> > > Alright. I got it about once an hour today, which is tough to live with.
> > > I think I'll go and compile RPMs on Zach's Qube instead...
> > Cobalt Qube is little endian ...
> I stand corrected, I'd misunderstood.
> There'll be a pretty large problem with Qube users using the version of
> RPM that ships with it, since those think they're 'mips', which is
> actually 'mipseb' now.
> Anyone know anybody at Cobalt Micro who does their distribution
> development? We need to sort this problem out somehow. Their machines
> should ship with a later release of RPM, and their packages should ship
> as mipsel.

I cc this to Tim.  DaveM is also reading this list, so they'll know.
The problem isn't too bad.  One new rpm binaries have been installed those
will know about mipsel/mipseb.  And we _had_ to break compatibility,
remember the purpose was to make the two flavours and the old ``mips''
flavour different and distinguishable from each other.

If this ends up being a problem one can still add apropriate entries to
/usr/lib/rpmrc or using the --ignore-arch option.