Could mounting sdc instead of sdc1 have solved my panics?

To: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Could mounting sdc instead of sdc1 have solved my panics?
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:29:55 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
I redid my entire sdc because all my files were trashed on it anyway (with
weird things like .h files having random data partway through...).  This
time I partitioned using fx on Irix.

I didn't partition it the first time because I was lazy, and din't want to
have to go through the weirdo fx tool thing.

Could this have been cause for my kernel panics? I've been doing a fair
amount of work, and things seem really stable.  No panics so far.  Should
/dev/sdc work just as a block device the way /dev/sdc1 would?

- Alex

--
Alex deVries
"romantic engsoc guy who runs marathons" - csilcock@chat.carleton.ca