Re: gcc RPM missing crtbegin.o

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: gcc RPM missing crtbegin.o
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:09:28 +0200
Cc: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sun, Apr 26, 1998 at 12:34:54AM -0400, Alex deVries wrote:

> > tell me where these two addresses are pointing to?  Just send me twenty
> > lines or so around the addresses.  (In general that's the right thing to
> > do when the machine bombs with a register dump.)
> > (Also I'm pretty shure that you misstyped $28 and $29 or something really
> > bad happend.)
>
> Uh, there was nothing at 080f3b5c or nearby, so I'm pretty sure that that
> was misttyped as 880f3b5c.  Here are both:

880f3b5c makes sense.  The bad news is that none of the two routines
r4k_dma_cache_wback_inv_pc or dma_setup is the culprit.  Something else
must either have assembled bad SCSI scatter gather lists or corrupted
them such that a NULL pointer got passed down to dma_cache_wback_inv.
So no fix obvious.

Grrrr,