gcc RPM missing crtbegin.o

To: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: gcc RPM missing crtbegin.o
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 20:01:33 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hm. I've re-installed gcc from the RPM that's in the mustang directory on
linus (2.7.2-1, build date is Dec 4 03:23:00).  "Yipee", says I, "I can
now become an productive member of society".

But, the gcc RPM doesn't have crtbegin.o, which is a bit odd.  It's not
the end of the world, I snarfed it from the cross compiling RPM for i386.
Was there a reason it wasn't included?

I'm having some really wonky behaviour on my filesystem with .72; files
are disappearing off my filesystem left right and center.  For instance,
crtbegin.o has been on the system since I first got the machine last fall.
e2fsck's always come back clean. Now that I got my compiler working, I'm
running .1.91 again.

I also upgraded to the glibc 2.0.7 RPMs, which seems to have messed up
tcsh.  It'd be real nice to get gdb and/or strace working to debug things
like this.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries