Re: VCE exceptions

To: wje@fir.engr.sgi.com (William J. Earl)
Subject: Re: VCE exceptions
From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 20:17:41 +0100 (BST)
Cc: ralf@uni-koblenz.de, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
>      As soon as I get a chance, I will look at the relevant linux
> code.  Note that physical color allocation can also make a big
> performance difference on direct mapped secondary caches, as on all of

Colouring in Linux isnt going to work without ripping the godawful buddy
allocator out of it. Unfortunately Linus seems quite attached to it at
the moment. Bamboo under the finger nails at Linux Expo perhaps Ralph ?

Whenever we try and do any colouring it fragments the buddy stuff up
sufficiently badly that we basically break the box.

Alan