kernel panic

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: kernel panic
From: Ulf Carlsson <grimsy@zigzegv.ml.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 19:31:00 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hello again... we're updating the internet connection to my mail server so
I can't read what you've written today. But I've downloaded patch-3 of the
sgi-kernel. I get further, but it still doesn't work.. well, I think it's
almost fixed now. Here's the output:

IP-Config: Got BOOTP answer from 192.168.0.1, my address is 192.168.0.3
Partition check:
 sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
 sdb: sdb1 sdb2 sdb3
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Got vced at 8801a2a4.
Kernel panic: Caught VCE exception - should not happen

That's the end of it.. tell me if you need some info above those lines..
Can it be my partition which is screwed? I reinstalled sgi-linux two days ago...

We're atleast getting somewhere! Great work :-)

- Ulf