Re: new to sgi linux

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: new to sgi linux
From: Dong Liu <dliu@npiww.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:59:26 -0500
Cc: Dong Liu <dliu@npiww.com>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
ralf@uni-koblenz.de writes:

 > The addresses 0x800cbfdc / 0x800cbfbc are not valid kernel addresses on
 > the Indy.  Is it possible you wrote them down wrong?  0x880cbfdc /
 > 0x880cbfbc however would make sense and are indeed in the sgiseeq driver.
 > I'll take a closer look at it.

Sorry, my mistake, they are 0x880cbfdc 0x880cbfbc

 > > Another thing it didn't get the right capacity of scsi disk.
 >
 > Are you shure?  Some peopple got fooled by the 1024 vs. 1024 bytes per
 > kb isue ...  Or are the numbers way off?

This what I got

sda: sector size 0 reported, assume 512
SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes, Sectors=1 [0 MB][0.0 GB]

:=)

 > There is a command named ``hinv'' under IRIX.  Can you mail me the output?

Here it is

1 100 MHZ IP22 Processor
FPU: MIPS R4010 Floating Point Chip Revision: 0.0
CPU: MIPS R4000 Processor Chip Revision: 3.0
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board bi-directional parallel port
Data cache size: 8 Kbytes
Instruction cache size: 8 Kbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte
Main memory size: 64 Mbytes
Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 4.1.0
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Disk drive / removable media: unit 2 on SCSI controller 0
Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision D
Graphics board: Indy 24-bit
Vino video: unit 0, revision 0, Indycam connected