Re: MIPS 2.1.89 now in CVS

To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: MIPS 2.1.89 now in CVS
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 00:47:57 +0100
Cc: ralf@uni-koblenz.de, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, willmore@cig.mot.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 11:37:25PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > PC DMA controller it will be dead slow and a horror to implement (welcome
> > to world of 64K segments). If the board has it's own DMA engine, you need
> > documentation for it. And without DMA you will need a new driver.
>
> Can anyone working on generic 53c9x support also talk to the Linux mac folks
> who are also working on this right now.

the 53c9x mips support is a "port" of the sparc esp driver, which I did
based on work from the m68k people (fastlane, blizzard, etc.). And I also
verified that the changed esp still runs on a Sparc (at least on my SS2).

> Incidentally we'll also be wanting
> to abuse the mips sonic driver soon too 8)

So I should put fixing it higher on my todo list:-) ? It still has problems
with real network traffic. I know the reason, but didn't have time to fix
it, yet.

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)