Re: Getting Started ..... NOT

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: Getting Started ..... NOT
From: Eric Kimminau <eak@detroit.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:48:12 -0500
Cc: "Tony C. Wu" <tonywu@life.nthu.edu.tw>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Alex deVries wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Eric Kimminau wrote:
> >
> > It would be REALLY nice, if someone could take their installed system,
> > tar/cpio the whole ball of wax and put it up for download.
>
> Uh, I could, but that's about 1GB uncompressed...
>
> - Alex

Tell me where to come get it :)

OK, lets re-define "whole ball of wax"

A functional distribution with X, network tools, normally used sys-admin
tools, a compiler and the source for the kernel plus a few odds and
ends. This should be "do-able" in 2-300MB, which I don't think would be
considered excessivly large.

Eric.

--
Eric Kimminau                           RTA/RSA

                 VNet Extension - 6-327-4455
              "I speak my mind and no one else's."
       http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/perl-rsa-sig.html

    When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing
    it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"

         "I am the great supportfolio, do you have http?"