Re: Getting Started ..... NOT

To: Alex deVries <>
Subject: Re: Getting Started ..... NOT
From: Eric Kimminau <>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:48:12 -0500
Cc: "Tony C. Wu" <>,
Alex deVries wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Eric Kimminau wrote:
> >
> > It would be REALLY nice, if someone could take their installed system,
> > tar/cpio the whole ball of wax and put it up for download.
> Uh, I could, but that's about 1GB uncompressed...
> - Alex

Tell me where to come get it :)

OK, lets re-define "whole ball of wax"

A functional distribution with X, network tools, normally used sys-admin
tools, a compiler and the source for the kernel plus a few odds and
ends. This should be "do-able" in 2-300MB, which I don't think would be
considered excessivly large.

Eric Kimminau                           RTA/RSA                     Silicon Graphics, Inc
Voice: (248) 848-4455                   39001 West 12 Mile Rd.
Fax:   (248) 848-5600                   Farmington, MI 48331-2903

                 VNet Extension - 6-327-4455
              "I speak my mind and no one else's."

    When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing
    it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
         "I am the great supportfolio, do you have http?"