Re: installation problem.

To: mdhill@interlog.com
Subject: Re: installation problem.
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 17:53:50 +0100
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sat, Feb 28, 1998 at 11:35:01AM -0500, Michael Hill wrote:

> Ulf Carlsson writes:
>  > On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Ariel Faigon wrote:
>  >
>  > > Ralf, Miguel, Mike Shaver, Alex deVries, Thomas Bogendoerfer,
>  > > Alan Cox.  There have been a few more in the past, but most have
>  > > a real job too so they are working on this on and off...
>  >
>  > So, how do you get money if you don't have a job?
>
> If someone would post a response to the list, I could free up some time with
> two weeks' notice.

The MIPS embedded market is large enough to give you a living on the base
of Linux/MIPS.  I wouldn't dare to say that about the Linux for SGI market
yet ...  The big problem is just finding the initial customers.  Living on
the base of Linux is however getting easier and easier.  About half of my
income the last year was based directly or indirectly on Linux and it's
getting more.  And yes, it's good enough to afford non-rusty cars ;-)