Re: installation problem.

To: grimsy@varberg.se (Ulf Carlsson)
Subject: Re: installation problem.
From: ariel@oz.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:23:09 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
:
:> Linux on SGI Indy's is quite stable once it boots.  We have about
:> five or so users that use it daily as their development platform.
:Developing MIPS/Linux or developing something else?
:How many MIPS/Linux are there right now? 10? 50? 100?
:
I would assume around 10... but I don't know for sure, really.
There have been many more downloads.  We are still virtual console
(no X) dependent and a few Indy devices (such as sound) are not
supported.

:> We seem to have some problems with some HW configs but not enough
:> installed base to figure all this out.  Maybe now that Ralf is
:> back we may see some progress.  Ralf is an amazing MIPS and Linux
:> hacker, we probably need someone else who is less of a hacker but
:> more of a documenter to take charge of the web site.
:How many coders are there for MIPS/Linux, just Ralf?
:
Ralf, Miguel, Mike Shaver, Alex deVries, Thomas Bogendoerfer,
Alan Cox.  There have been a few more in the past, but most have
a real job too so they are working on this on and off...

--
Peace, Ariel