Re: installation problem.

To: Ulf Carlsson <grimsy@varberg.se>
Subject: Re: installation problem.
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 19:17:28 -0500 (EST)
Cc: ralf@uni-koblenz.de, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> Hm, ok. But why is .68 on ftp.linux.sgi.com if it doesn't work, or isn't
> even supposed to work?

Really, because we're not making a very big point of ensuring that the ftp
site is up to date and accurate.  Same with the FAQ.  Yes, we should do a
better job at this, feel free to help out.

> Doesn't it work for your?

Definitely.  Alex3.med.iacnet.com works very well, and it really doesn't
every crash.  Certainly some of it could use some work (like partitioning,
modules, X, etc), but glibc, networking, etc are all there.

> Is it possible to use MIPS/Linux yet, or is it too buggy? How much of the
> X code is done? Are any of the SGI special devices, such as the cool

Miguel?  What's up with X exactly?  Are you short on hw specs?

- Alex