Re: installation problem.

To: Ulf Carlsson <grimsy@varberg.se>
Subject: Re: installation problem.
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:20:55 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Alistair Lambie <alambie@wellington.sgi.com>, "William J. Earl" <wje@fir.engr.sgi.com>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Alistair Lambie wrote:
> > William J. Earl wrote:
> > >  > Are not all indys almost identical? It's very strange IMO that .72
> > > hangs
> > >  > before it prints anything on the screen. I think I've tested almost
> > >  > everything by now.

Ah, I think I know the problem.  There are some problems with the .72 make
depend which screws up the console.  The version that's uploaded may not
have the console compiled in properly.  That should be clear from the
config file that' sin the tar.gz file.

I could quite easily get you a binary that does have it compiled in. If I
don't have it on linus by tomorrow, pester me.

Been there, done that.

I might think about doing the update to .89, but I don't want to try to do
what anybody else is doing, since 10 Alex hours = 1 Ralf hour.  But, my
other projects with GTK and RPM are kind of at a standstill because of
waiting for others to release components and sorting out endless loops of
design logic.  So, maybe I'll take a stab at it.

- Alex