Re: installation problem.

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: installation problem.
From: Ulf Carlsson <grimsy@varberg.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 14:47:48 +0100 (CET)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:

> > System: IP22
> > Processor: 100 Mhz R4000, with FPU
> > Primary I-cache size: 8 kbytes
> > Primary d-cache size: 8 kbytes
> > Secondary cache size: 1024 Kbytes
>
> So this must be a R4000SC CPU.  The CPU support code for it is buggy, that's
> why it it's working.

It's _not_ working. And I would like to know why it isn't working.  (ok, I
understand what you mean, sorry :)  Well, this is not a big problem for me
anyway. The .68 kernel works. The main problem is the one with the
harddrives (detecting them, but with the size of 0Mb, and the kernel can't
read the partition tables), and the one with the kernel paging request it
can't handle. Any ideas?

> Fixes probably coming next week; as think are looking I'll have a hell lot
> of time again by then.

Great, next week.. (feels like one year).

/Ulf Carlsson.

-     grimsy - http://grimsy.ml.org     -