Re: installation problem.

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: installation problem.
From: Ulf Carlsson <grimsy@varberg.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:41:26 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hello again.

I'm getting pretty tired. No progress at all. Is my configuration special
in any way?

System: IP22
Processor: 100 Mhz R4000, with FPU
Primary I-cache size: 8 kbytes
Primary d-cache size: 8 kbytes
Secondary cache size: 1024 Kbytes
Memory size: 32 Mbytes
Graphics: Indy 8-bit
SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(4)
SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(6)

Are not all indys almost identical? It's very strange IMO that .72 hangs
before it prints anything on the screen. I think I've tested almost
everything by now.

Those harddrive problems don't matter right now. It's possible to run over
nfs so.. it's the kernel paging error which is the problem.

I am not blaming you SGI/Linux developers for creating a bad system in any
way. It would have been really nice if it worked :)

What will I do?

/Ulf Carlsson