Re: installation problem.

To: Ulf Carlsson <grimsy@varberg.se>
Subject: Re: installation problem.
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@netscape.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:18:28 -0800
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> It's also very strange that the kernel doesn't detect my scsi harddrives
> correctly (I have reported these error messages earlier). I tested fx, and
> fx detected them correctly. I get the same error with my orginal sgi
> harddrive which obviously works, since irix doesn't have any problems with
> it.

Oh...is that drive SCSI id 7?  I had problems with one of my drives
(which was happy under IRIX) until I changed the id to something other
than 7.

> I'll take a look in the kernel source and try to figure out what's causing
> that kernel paging error.

You want to run mips-linux-objdump to get a function+offset (or, if that
kernel was compiled -g, line number info) for the fault, and then we can
try to debug it.

Mike