Re: installation problem.

To: Mike Shaver <shaver@netscape.com>
Subject: Re: installation problem.
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:19:17 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Ulf Carlsson <grimsy@varberg.se>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Mike Shaver wrote:
> Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> > Great, but can't someone put a precompiled _new_ kernel somewhere on
> > ftp.linux.sgi.com since everyone can't crosscompile?
> My xcompiler setup got removed to make space for the sanitized
> communicator source free, but I'll clear that out and reinstall it later
> today.  In the meantime, could someone else build that tarball?  Alex?

I'm not going to get into the xcompiler unless I have to, and I don't.

But, there are .72 binaries in:
ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/test/

There's two different onces; vmlinux-indy-2.1.72.tar.gz for machines with
an scache; vmlinux-indy-noL2-2.1.72.tar.gz for those without L2.

Uh, I *think* they work.  If they don't let me know and I'll compile one.

- alex