Re: L4 microkernel on MIPS R4x00 freely available in source form

To: Brendan Black <ratfink@xtra.co.nz>
Subject: Re: L4 microkernel on MIPS R4x00 freely available in source form
From: "K." <conradp@cse.unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:46:30 +1100 (EST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Brendan Black wrote:

> I thought a few people might be interested in this, it is reported to
> run on R4600 Indy and some of you may know that Linux has been ported to
> the Intel version of L4
>
> see http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/+AH4-disy/L4/ for the MIPS version info

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~disy/L4/

We (myself and Andrew O'Brien) are working on the Linux port to L4/MIPS.
We are currently working on a custom 4600 board (not on an Indy, but the
L4 servers are compatible). L4/MIPS is subtly different to L4/Intel
(different system calls) so don't expect the L4/Intel port to work out of
the box.

If anyone is interested in the Linux port, let us know. The L4/MIPS source
(developed by Kevin Elphinstone) is available under GPL at the above
address.

Conrad Parker  conradp@cse.unsw.edu.au
Andrew O'Brien andrewo@cse.unsw.edu.au