New to group

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: New to group
From: Jeremy Welling <jwelling@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:49:57 -0500
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hello People,
    Just wondering if the web page for sgi-linux is a bit out of date with the
install instructions.  There's all kinds of stuff on the ftp server that isn't
mentioned anywhere.  I'll probably skim the news archive after this.  I have an
Indy.  I run Linux on my pc, and am very interested in this port.  What is the
status of the xserver?  What are the current goals of the port?  How long do you
expect before the dual boot is running?   I would be willing to run it and
participate as a beta tester and have subscribed to this list.  If you could
post an
installation walkthrough or something updated for the latest changes, that
would be
great.
Thanks,
Jeremy Welling