Re: Statuses...

To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
Subject: Re: Statuses...
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:54:24 -0500 (EST)
Cc: ralf@uni-koblenz.de, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > > - Exactly what is required to get psaux mice working?  It compiled fine
> > > for me, but doing a "cat /dev/psaux" hung the machine heavily.
> > I guess Miguel must have fixed the problem when working on X.
>
> strange, I never got an interrupt out of the psaux mouse.

Well, I did.  It froze my machine right up.  It booted just fine, and
everything else worked, but as soon as I knocked the mouse the entire
thing hung.  No network, no num lock, no nothing.

Uh, is there anything I can help debug with this?

> I am still wondering how it works.

Same here.  The docs that I got (thanks, Ariel!) didn't really spell out
where the mouse actually connects to.  I think I need to re-read things.

- Alex