To: SGI Linux <>
Subject: root-be-0.03.tar.gz
From: Alex deVries <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 13:59:21 -0500 (EST)
I've uploaded root-be-0.03.tar.gz to the GettingStarted directory, and I
cleared the GettingStarted directory of older versions of root-be-0.02 and
00 (they're in the ../old directory).

This contains:
- fdisk
- mke2fs, swapon, swapoff, mkswap
- rpm version 2.4.12

This does not contain:
- gcc, binutils
- a lot of other stuff

I can already see some things that should go into 0.04..

Some things to work on:
- get a more modern version of vmlinux with efs for both scache'd and
  non-scache'd machines
- make Linux-installer-0.1c with root-be-0.03.tar.gz (with Mike's
- document all this (damn, I wish I had another SCSI disk to practice

- Alex

      Alex deVries          Run Linux on everything,
  System Administrator      run everything on Linux.
   The EngSoc Project       Send spam to