Re: Disk Space

To: LetherGlov@aol.com (LetherGlov)
Subject: Re: Disk Space
From: ariel@oz.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:09:26 -0800 (PST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
:
:There seems to be a small problem on the root(/) drive of Linus, as it is 100%
:used. I'm not quite sure what caused this, as a few days ago it was fine, but
:I'd like to be able to pull some sources from the CVS and it woun't let me
:complaining about the space.
:
Yes the root filesystem is very small.  Please use only the /src
and /work partitions to do your work.  There are only three users
who have over 20 Mb each in their home dirs.  I guess I can
delete Larry's stuff since he hasn't logged in in a very long time
Also: anyone knows if Mark Salter is still helping? He has 43Mb...

I also cleaned some old logs /var/adm/{oOLD}* so we are down to 98% before
dealing with user dirs...

--
Peace, Ariel