Re: Follow-up: Hard Drive Problems

To: mdhill@interlog.com
Subject: Re: Follow-up: Hard Drive Problems
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 12:47:39 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thus spake Michael Hill:
> Modifications to /var/sysgen/master.d/wd93 (courtesy of dealer tech
> support) have permitted my hard drive to be recognized by IRIX.  I
> successfully ran mke2fs on it and I'm trying to figure out what to do
> next.  Is there any further news on Mike Shaver's installer script?

As of yesterday, there _is_ news: I've escaped the Great Ice Storm and
beat INS and AIESEC at their own game, so I'm back in California and
almost ready to put a working version of the installer package up,
with new libc from Ralf and a working rpm binary from Alan.

This should happen tonight sometime.
In the meantime, you can get Alan's installer package from
ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/linux/SGI/sgi-installer-snapshot-0.0.tar.gz
and copy the file named a.out into the directory where the
instructions would have you looking for "installer".  That's all that
program is anyway.

Mike