Re: Follow-up: Hard Drive Problems

Subject: Re: Follow-up: Hard Drive Problems
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 12:47:39 -0500 (EST)
Thus spake Michael Hill:
> Modifications to /var/sysgen/master.d/wd93 (courtesy of dealer tech
> support) have permitted my hard drive to be recognized by IRIX.  I
> successfully ran mke2fs on it and I'm trying to figure out what to do
> next.  Is there any further news on Mike Shaver's installer script?

As of yesterday, there _is_ news: I've escaped the Great Ice Storm and
beat INS and AIESEC at their own game, so I'm back in California and
almost ready to put a working version of the installer package up,
with new libc from Ralf and a working rpm binary from Alan.

This should happen tonight sometime.
In the meantime, you can get Alan's installer package from
and copy the file named a.out into the directory where the
instructions would have you looking for "installer".  That's all that
program is anyway.