Re: The world's worst RPM

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: The world's worst RPM
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 21:58:47 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, Jan 14, 1998 at 03:07:27PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Have you taken care of the fact that ncompress makes assumptions about
> > the byteorder of the machine it's running on?  For MIPS it's broken, but
> > I don't remember if it was on big or little endian ...
>
> Its passed in the spec file. I've even port mipsel in as well for you ;)

hmm, to do this with only one src.rpm, we need a little support from
rpm. At the moment mips is defined for mipsel and mipseb. I would suggest,
that for .spec execution mips is defined for bot mipsel and mipseb, because
there are changes, which work for both and we only need to seperate changes
like that needed by ncompress.  Comments ? Does anybody how to do this ?

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)