Re: 2.1.72 precompiled on Linus...

To: Honza Pazdziora <adelton@informatics.muni.cz>
Subject: Re: 2.1.72 precompiled on Linus...
From: "Andrew O'Brien" <andrewo@cse.unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 04:34:29 +1100 (EST)
Cc: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Honza Pazdziora wrote:

> > ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/test/vmlinux-indy-2.1.72.tar.gz
> > is available for your usage and testing.  If there are no complaints I'll
> > archive 2.1.67.
>
> Please disregard my previous post, I've got the noL2 version.
>
> However, after the boot (via bootp) the screen goes blank and that's
> it -- no boot messages come. It doesn't however crash visibly as the
> yesL2.
>
> It's R4600PC and 2.1.67 runs OK on it -- I can send more info if
> applicable.

I wont be able to test the new binary for at least another 24 hrs (the
indy is in use by someone else at the moment) but I will try out the new
kernel as soon as possible if noone else comes up with either supporting
crashes or reports of success.

Alex - I can send you the .config from the successful compile I did on the
2.1.67 if you need it.

cya

 /  Andrew O'Brien       andrewo@cse.unsw.edu.au   bbq@mindless.com  \
/  Student, Faculty of CSE       http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~andrewo  \