The world's worst RPM

To: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: The world's worst RPM
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 01:43:00 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
I have generated the world's worst RPM for util-linux, which is much
needed, since it contains fdisk.

I had to kludge some things; util-linux is truly an awful thing.  It
contains things like hwclock, which sets the clock on ISA bus only
machines.  This is designed only for sparc, alpha and i386 _ONLY_.

Anyway, I kludged it into compiling, but I really had to guess on the
parameters for the disk operations.  Fdisk compiles and works, but I can't
really test it as I need both disks on my system.  Could somebody give it
a try?

Also, it has things like more , write and mkswap. Yay! I now have swap
space!

So, give it a try, or clean up my diff files.

- Alex

--
      Alex deVries          Run Linux on everything,
  System Administrator      run everything on Linux.