Re: crtbegin.o, crtend.o

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: crtbegin.o, crtend.o
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 02:36:59 +0100
Cc: "K." <conradp@cse.unsw.edu.au>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Mon, Jan 12, 1998 at 12:18:47PM -0500, Alex deVries wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jan 1998 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> > Upgrade your system with all the rpm packages.  root-0.01 was my first
> > collection of Indy executables and basically_every_ ELF file has bugs in
> > it ...
>
> On that note, I should probably get around to creating root-0.02 which has
> all the 'new' binaries in it...  are there any more files than the ones in
> root-0.01 I should add?

Actually I'm thinking about the opposite.  root-0.02.tar.gz was a quite
fat tarball, I think it was about 20mb.  I received some complaints about
it.  If you're going to build a new root-0.2 filesystem, then it should
be stripped down to an absolute minimum that is necessary to allow the
installation of further rpms, partitioning, mounting and more.  Having
gcc in the tarball is overkill and makes maintenance a pain.