Re: something not really right ..

To: Shrijeet Mukherjee <shm@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: something not really right ..
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 12:04:28 +0100
Cc: Linux porting team <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Fri, Jan 09, 1998 at 08:04:57PM -0800, Shrijeet Mukherjee wrote:

> I tried to compile the latest sources for an Indigo R4k .. with minimal
> functionality .. i.e. most of the newer stuff has been left out.
>
> after the compilation, trying to bring the machine up by serving the
> kernel via NFS/BOOTP gets me this message
>
> sash
> "unable to execute bootp()tantrik:/usr/local/boot/vmlinux: Not enough
> space"
> "unable to load bootp()tantrik:/usr/local/boot/vmlinux: Not enough space"
> sash

Did you modify the load address of the kernel?  Indy kernels are by
default linked for address 0x88002000 because the Indy has a 128mb
hole in it's address space there.  I assumes (wje???) that your box
has it's memory mapped from 0x80000000 upwards, so this would only
work if you actually have that more than 128mb ...