fdisk for linux-sgi

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: fdisk for linux-sgi
From: Edwin Hakkennes <E.Hakkennes@ET.TUDelft.NL>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:06:46 +0100 (CET)
Cc: E.Hakkennes@ET.TUDelft.NL (Edwin Hakkennes)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi all,

I'm trying to get an indy running Linux. I downloaded the Getting_started
stuff, and unpacked it. All seems to be fine, except that I cannot find
an fdisk program on this file-system. (root-be-0.01.cpio)

My question is: How do I partition the disk. I have one, empty 2G disk
on which only Linux should be installed.

Is it neccesary to put the disk in a PC for partioning?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Edwin

Edwin Hakkennes                            || E.Hakkennes@et.tudelft.nl
TU Delft  (Delft University of Technology) || Fax        +31 15 2784898
Department   of   Electrical   Engineering || Phone      +31 15 2786267
Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD Delft, The Netherlands ||