Re: Indy power supply problems.

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Indy power supply problems.
From: dkascht@burrito.engr.sgi.com (David Kascht)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 16:28:44 -0800
Cc: ariel@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, wje@fir.engr.sgi.com, miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hello All.

All of the systems sent per Ariel's agreement with Todd Johnson regarding
support of Linux development are owned by SGI.  They are all current assets and
should definately be completely supported by SGI as internally owned equipment.

For systems residing in the US, either the user or I can call the Technical
Assistance Center at 1.800.800.4744 to open a service call.

For systems residing in a country other than the US, a service call must be
opened with the local SGI office - as in the case of the repairs to Alan's
monitor.

Should anyone ask, I can be used as a contact for verifying that a given system
is owned by SGI, and more specifically owned by my Director's department.  My
contact information is...

                David Kascht
                Silicon Graphics, Inc.
                2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.
                Bldg.41U  mailstop 827
                Mountain View, CA   94043

                Phone:  +1.650.933.6569
                Fax:    +1.650.932.6569
                E-mail: dkascht@engr.sgi.com

All SGI representatives, regardless of country, should be able to contact me
fairly easy.

I apologize on behalf of SGI for any problems caused by our bureaucracies!

Take care.  David...

On Jan 6,  3:48pm, Alex deVries wrote:
> Subject: Re: Indy power supply problems.
> On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Yes - it did take a bit of confusion and untangling but once they
> > figured out what they were doing it was all very efficient
>
> Hm. I got a call over the Christmas holidays from a Mr. Hu (I think) from
> SGI telling me that my machine is no longer under a service agreement.
> This comes as a contradiction from what I'd been told by several people at
> SGI.
>
> If this is true, it's not the end of the world; a smack at the back of my
> monitor seems to do the trick for now.  I worry abit, though, if something
> like my power supply bites the dust.
>
> Can someone like Ariel or David set the record straight?
>
> - A
>
> ----- End of forwarded message from Alex deVries -----
>
> --
> Peace, Ariel
>-- End of excerpt from Alex deVries

DAVID KASCHT
Asset Manager

Voice:  650.933.6569            Silicon Graphics Computer Systems
Fax:    650.932.0026            2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.   MS 827
E-Mail: dkascht@engr.sgi.com    Mountain View, CA 94043-1389