Re: Indy power supply problems.

To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Indy power supply problems.
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 15:48:57 -0500 (EST)
Cc: ariel@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, wje@fir.engr.sgi.com, miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
> Yes - it did take a bit of confusion and untangling but once they
> figured out what they were doing it was all very efficient

Hm. I got a call over the Christmas holidays from a Mr. Hu (I think) from
SGI telling me that my machine is no longer under a service agreement.
This comes as a contradiction from what I'd been told by several people at
SGI.

If this is true, it's not the end of the world; a smack at the back of my
monitor seems to do the trick for now.  I worry abit, though, if something
like my power supply bites the dust.

Can someone like Ariel or David set the record straight?

- A