Re: Indy power supply problems.

To: wje@fir.engr.sgi.com (William J. Earl)
Subject: Re: Indy power supply problems.
From: ariel@oz.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 10:16:09 -0800 (PST)
Cc: miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Bill Earl wrote:
:
:Miguel de Icaza writes:
: >
: > My Indy is not behaving.
: >
:there to tell the power supply to turn off.  Perhaps Ariel would know the
:repair arrangements for your system.
:
All the developer's Indys that we donated are SGI machines
that have a support contract.  The procedure is to call the
local support office with the ID of the machine (the long number
on the back) and get a field person to replace the part that
needs replacement.  I believe Alan's monitor was replaced
in this way recently.

Miguel: please call your local office and request replacement
of the power supply (most probable) If this doesn't work, they
should be able to replace any part up to the whole motherboard.

--
Peace, Ariel