Re: Please help - need a 4600 no L2 cache kernel asap

To: mike@mdhill.interlog.com (Michael Hill)
Subject: Re: Please help - need a 4600 no L2 cache kernel asap
From: ariel@oz.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 09:56:49 -0800 (PST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Important change to the SGI/Linux FTP site:

I just moved the CVS source tree hierarchy so it can be
accessed via ftp:

        ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/cvs/

There's also a link from the web site to this (software page)
        http://www.linux.sgi.com/software.html

This should enable anyone to compile a good kernel from scratch.

Whoever has a stable kernel that works on a L2-cache-less 4600
please share.  I'll gladly give this person ssh access to linus.

--
Peace, Ariel

:
:Ralf discovered and corrected this in his kernel source after several of us had
:problems with his last publicly-available Indy kernel binary (8 December).
: Since then no kernel binary or source has been posted to ftp.linux.sgi.com
:(except linux-magnum-971229.tar.gz on 29 December).  Maybe the fix is part of
:what Ralf wanted help with before Christmas.
: