Re: Please help - need a 4600 no L2 cache kernel asap

To: Alex deVries <>
Subject: Re: Please help - need a 4600 no L2 cache kernel asap
From: "Andrew O'Brien" <>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 06:59:54 +0000 (GMT)
On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Alex deVries wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Andrew O'Brien wrote:
> > I need to do some benchmarking on a SGI/Linux platform (an INDY) and I
> > haven't been able to set up the cross-compilation environment correctly
> > due to many factors. The benchmarks are needed by mid next week, so this
> > is a kinda urgent call for help :)
> Is there any reason the binaries on won't work?

Yep - they were compiled assuming that a L2 cache was present - hence when
it tries to flush the cache during init, the system hangs horribly.

I wasn't the only one to be hit by this so I'm sure there is a binary
floating around somewhere :)

 /  Andrew O'Brien  \
/  Student, Faculty of CSE  \
>  UNSW, Australia           President COMPSOC   http://www/~compsoc  <
\  BE (Comp)/BA (Psych)      Student Representative   stu-reps@cse..  /
 \___ "finger -l" for my current location ___/